Hey guys! So the new Nothing Phone 1 is out and it looks sick. Nothing is known for making really cool phone and this phone is no exception. If you’re into taking awesome selfies or filming Instagram videos, the Nothing Phone 1 will let you do all that and more.
Do not get me wrong, the cameras on the Phone 1 are pretty great out of the box. But if you want even better quality shots, especially in low light, you gotta install the Google Camera app. We’re talking super sharp, detailed photos even in dim lighting. The Google Camera, or GCam, is the app all the pros are using to get super creamy bokeh and vibrant night mode shots.
What is GCam or Google Camera?
The Google Camera, or GCam, is a modified version of the camera app found on Google Pixel phones. It has been ported to work on other Android devices like the Nothing Phone 1. Installing GCam on your Nothing Phone 1 allows you to use an app with advanced photography features not available on the stock camera software.
GCam offers many useful modes and tools for getting great shots that the default camera app may lack. This includes options like:
- Night Sight – Takes vibrant night time landscapes and city scenes. Produces much better low-light performance than the stock camer.
- Night Mode – Enhances and improves the quality of shots taken in dim light or at night. Reduces noise and captures more details.
- Portrait mode – Creates professional-looking blurs and bokeh backgrounds. Works with both people and objects.
- Astrophotography mode – Specifically designed for capturing the night sky, stars and celestial objects.
- RAW image capture – Allows capturing uncompressed RAW image files which provide more flexibility for editing and adjusting photos.
- Additional filters – Includes filters like Cinemagraph, Action Panorama, and more. Provides more styles for creative photography.
- Enhanced editor – Offers more editing tools for perfecting your shots like brightness, contrast, shadows, highlights, etc. Easier cropping, rotate and resizing as well.
By installing the GCam APK on your Nothing Phone 1, you can take advantage of these and other features to improve your photography skills and get shots that make it seem like you have a dedicated camera. GCam is a great way to boost the capabilities of an Android camera phone and get professional-level results. Follow the instructions to download and install the latest GCam apk to enhance your photos on the Nothing Phone 1.
Why Use GCam on Nothing Phone 1?
Google Camera app, or GCam, provides significant benefits when installed on the Nothing Phone 1. GCam is able to enhance the default camera software and unlock pro-level photography features typically only found on dedicated cameras or high-end smartphones.
By downloading the GCam APK and using it instead of the stock camera app, Nothing Phone 1 owners can improve their photo taking skills and get shots that seem impossible with a standard phone camera.
GCam offers a night mode for vibrant nighttime photography, advanced portrait mode with studio-quality blurs, RAW image capture for maximum editing flexibility, and additional filters and modes for experimentation.
Although the Nothing Phone 1 has capable cameras, GCam is able to reduce noise, capture more details in low light, and produce dramatically better results, especially for night scenes and indoor portraits. Video recording also receives improvements like longer exposure controls, focus peaking, and log profiles for filming footage that can be stylized during post-production.
While the default camera will work great for casual use, GCam unleashes the true potential of photography on the Nothing Phone 1.
You can get impacts and bokeh that make your photos look professionally retouched, seamless panoramas with an ultra-wide field of view, vivid astrophotography for stunning night sky imagery, and RAW+JPEG capture for more latitude editing your shots after the fact. Using GCam also keeps your photos private since they do not get sent to Google for processing.
GCam includes a variety of advanced features that are not available on the stock camera app of the Nothing Phone 1. Some of the key feature are include:
- Lens Blur: This feature allows you to create bokeh effects in blurry photographs.
- Focus or Defocus: This function allows you to obtain DSLR-like shots on your smartphone by focusing on or defocusing on an object.
- HDR: When photographing in HDR+, keep the light low or close to the light source.
- Video/Photo Stable: Using this camera will help you take videos and photos while maintaining a steady image.
- 360-Degree Photo: You can acquire 360-degree panoramic shots using this camera.
- Close-Up Shot: A blurry background can make close-up shots look more beautiful (bokeh).
- Slow Motion Video Record: This camera is capable of recording slow-motion videos (up to 240fps on devices that support this).
GCam: What’s Working?
Most of the features of GCam are working fine on the Nothing Phone 1. Some of the working features include:
- HDR+ Enhanced
- Portrait Mode
- Night Sight
- Astrophotography Mode
- And More (Likely Everything)
GCam What’s Not Working?
There isn’t any report about the mode that’s not working. However, if you find that some of the features do not work, you can try using different config files.
Here are some potential drawbacks to using GCam on the Nothing Phone 1:
•Instability: Although GCam is generally quite stable, it is still a modified third-party app not officially supported by Nothing. It’s possible occasional bugs, crashes, or other issues could arise that impact the camera experience. The stock camera app from Nothing will typically be the most polished and dependable option.
•Limited support: Since GCam is a ported version of Google’s Pixel camera, certain features may be unavailable or work in limited fashion on the Nothing Phone 1. Some modes could be missing entirely or perform subpar compared to Pixel phones. Support also won’t be provided from Nothing if any problems come up using GCam.
•Learning curve: While the interface of GCam aims to mimic the Pixel camera, there is still a bit of a learning curve to familiarize yourself with all the available options, modes, and tools. It may take some practice to get comfortable with advanced features like RAW capture, manual controls, and editing tools. The stock camera interface is more straightforward by comparison.
•Storage space: The larger size of the GCam APK means it requires more storage space on your device. If storage is limited on the Nothing Phone 1, the extra space used by GCam could be an issue, preventing you from installing other larger apps.
•Potential battery drain: Although the impact is usually fairly small, the additional processing required to run GCam could slightly increase battery consumption compared to the standard camera app. Battery life is always an important consideration, so keep that in mind if it’s a top priority.
•Lack of future support: As GCam is an unsupported third-party mod, future updates are not guaranteed. New features, optimizations or bug fixes may not be implemented for the version you install on the Nothing Phone 1. The default camera app will continue receiving updates from Nothing to improve the experience over time.
While GCam can greatly enhance the camera on the Nothing Phone 1, it is not without some downsides to be aware of. Stability, limited support, a learning curve, storage impact and lack of future updates are reasonable concerns.
For many users, the improved photo quality and additional modes will outweigh these potential drawbacks, but it depends on your specific needs, priorities and technical comfort level.
Doing more research on the current version of GCam for the Nothing Phone 1 can help determine if it’s right for you before installing.
More Gcam for Other Devices:
- Google Camera for Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power (Gcam Port)
- Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
- Google Camera for Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ 5G
- Google Camera for Realme GT NEO 3 & 3T (Gcam Port)
In conclusion, the Google Camera app is capable of transforming the photography experience on the Nothing Phone 1. By downloading and using GCam instead of the stock camera software, you gain access to advanced modes, pro-level tools, and significantly better performance – especially in low light. Complex night mode algorithms, studio-quality portrait blur, RAW image capture, unlimited filters and an intuitive yet powerful interface combine to unlock the creative potential of your Nothing Phone 1.